New Zealand, South Island
Here is the second installment of our travels in New Zealand. The photos below are from our travels in the South Island. See our dedicated gallery page for photos of our time in the North Island.
For where we stayed and our budget view our New Zealand route page.
Selected places of interest we visited:
- Wharariki Beach, Whites Bay (Rarangi), Blenheim
- Inangahua to Reefton (landscape after floods)
- Okiwi and Half Moon Bay seal colony, Kaikoura, Wainui (Banks Peninsula), Oamaru
- Paroa beach, Fox glacier, Franz Josef glacier, Gates of Haast, Fantail Falls, Blue Pools (West Coast)
- Ice Bar in Queenstown, Lake Wanaka, Lake Hawea, Lake Dunstan, The Puzzling World (Wanaka)
- Death’s Corner Viaduct, Beally Valley, Arthur’s Pass to Lake Pearson (via Arthur’s Pass)