We were lucky enough to spend just over a month in Peru and managed to take in quite a few places during our stay. Below you will find a list of places we visited along with a selection of photos from our time in Peru, from Chiclayo and the pre-Inca site of Sipan to the Sacred Valley and Lake Titicaca.
For where we stayed and our budget view our Peru route page.
Places of interest we visited:
- Chiclayo, Sipan Archaeological Site & Lambayeque museum;
- Trujillo and Chan Chan Archaeological Pre-Inca Site;
- Pisco, Ballestas Island & Tambo Colorado Archaeological Site;
- Huacachina Oasis;
- Flight over the Nazca lines;
- Arequipa and the Colca Canyon (Andean condors at Cruz del Condor);
- Pisaq sunday market (Sacred Valley);
- Tambomachay, Puka Pukara, Q’enqo & Sacsayhuaman Inca Archaeological Sites;
- Ollantaytambo Archaeological Site (Sacred Valley);
- Machu Picchu;
- Chinchero Archaeological Site (Sacred Valley);
- Tipon Archaeological Site (Sacred Valley);
- Puno, Lake Titicaca and the Floating Uros Islands